Kid Influencer Marketing Outpacing Traditional Methods to Reach Family Audience
Updated: May 27, 2019
While kid influencers have the unique ability to effectively reach all age groups: from Baby Boomers to Millennials to Generation Alpha by producing content that is both kid friendly and relatable to their parents.
By involving parents and families, kid influencers channels command the ability to curate and reach both the primary (kids) and secondary (parents) target audiences for kid-centric brands. According to Forbes Magazine, these families interact by watching their favorite YouTube influencers together.
Smart companies have noticed that traditional marketing efforts are no longer working, but kid influencer marketing has a way of reaching every age group in a household. Various brands, including Target and Covergirl use kid influencers as part of their campaigns to reach out to not just the younger audience members, but also their families.
Some famous kid influencers with a wide demographic reach, include:
1. Family Fun Pack: This daily family feed include challenges, parks, epic road trips, vlogs, toys, games, food, clothes and lots of other fun things! This family of 8 has over 8 million subscribers, this family knows how to have a good time. From challenges, to kid costume runway shows, Family Fun Pack is great for the entire family.
2. HZHTube Kids Fun: This channel includes the misadventures of two brothers and a sister ranging from age 11-5. , Hadli, Zidane and Heidi review toys, play dress up and have a great time playing together. These siblings have over 5 million followers and upload their videos often.
3. Ethan gamer: the 12 year old British You Tuber has more than 2 million subscribers. He plays games such as Minecraft, Roblox and ‘Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare’ on his YouTube Channel. He also puts up unboxing videos and reviews for all the merchandise he receives.
4. Emma and Mila Stauffer: Emma and Mila are known for their cute and funny videos on Instagram. These girls promote products in a sassy and silly way. Their account is handled by their mother, who plays a very important role in bringing new content to the channel every day.
5. Kid Toy Tester: This channel is run by five siblings including Yumiko (15), Sachiko (13), Kimiko (9), Kenzo (7) and Raiden (3). They produce fun and kid-friendly content by testing out several different games every day. They upload their reviews on YouTube and have 3 million subscribers. They engage their audience by creating challenges and awarding prizes.
6. Hawkeye Huey: The 8-year-old is one of the youngest photographers on Instagram. He is the son of a National Geographic photographer and often goes out with his father to cover different assignments. His feed is unique and features his adventures through various places.
7. Roberson Brothers: The three brothers; Justin, Robert and Eric Roberson, have been surfing since the age of two. Their dad, Kaleo Roberson, is a professional surfer. Their feed is full of life as they love to surf, skate and pull pranks on each other. They have collaborated with several shoe brands and surf board designers.
With the growing relevance of kid influencers, an increasing number of brands have started signing up for paid sponsorships to promote their content. Kid influencers who collaborate with famous brands also get a chance to convert their early success into a fully established career. Famous actress, Awkawafina is great example of a successful influencer who was able to take her YouTube fame to a lucrative, acting career. Kid influencers have proven to appeal to a wide range of different audiences and are an integral part of a successful marketing strategy. These young social media icons are relatable and authentic and that is what makes them stand out and capture the attention of their viewers.